Dear Loved Ones,
Ten weeks and three days left. I don't know what else to say! Well, I will say this: The rainy season is HERE!! But as they say in showbiz and on missions, the show (work) must go on!
So let's get straight to the pictures!
But first, we love you and miss you and thank you for your love, support, prayers, and kind words.
Love,
Elder and Sister Brady (mom and dad, grandma and grandpa, John and Shelly, and so on)
Last Friday, we had a house inspection with the APs, Office Elders, and more! This Condo currently houses five missionaries and we were so happy to see how clean these missionaries are! Elders Dollar, Htoo, Lowry, Hansen, and Collado! Great job!!
Before we head out, the Srinakarin House Elders always do a hand grasp and cheer!
We got to join in!
We had to visit the Elders early on Friday because we had an appointment Friday afternoon. So we inspected the house at 9:30am and then headed over to McDonalds for breakfast! Yum!!
Elder Brady gives Elder Htoo a hug. His mission ends October 8st! We will miss Elder Htoo! Elder Lowry finishes up on the 1st!!
I had to get a picture of these people doing a McDonald photo shoot!
Our afternoon appointment was a trip to the temple with Aujima!
This was Aujima's first trip to the temple!
She is going to be a missionary soon and will serving in the Thailand Bangkok West Mission!
Saturday morning in Rayong, I am starting my day with a heart healthy breakfast!
And this part of breakfast makes my heart HAPPY!
Next stop, the gym for a Saturday morning workout!
And then it is off to work! First stop was the Rayong 2. Elders Pykles and Muir did an awesome job cleaning! It was fun to get to know Elder Pykles who is brand new.
Sadly his name is pronounced Pike-els, not pickles. Elder Muir leaves a week after we do!
The second stop was at Rayong 1 - good job Elder Tupou and Elder DeLange. For a minute, I thought Elder DeLange was a new Elder, but then he reminded us that he has been on his mission since JUNE OF 2025!!! Time is just a blur now! Elder Tupou leaves November 19th and by the way he is Elder Brady's 4th cousin!!!!
On our way out of the condo, I stopped to take a picture of these pretty flowers!
Google thinks this flower is called: golden dewdrop, sky flower, or pigeon berry.
When I got done, the security guard waved at me and pointed at the other pretty flowers! So of course, I took a picture of them too! Google says this is called: pud suphok (regional name) or gardenia jasminioides, or the common jasmine.
After house inspections, we headed to Makro to buy John some Cashews. On the way out we bought some 8 baht ice cream cones. This Makro always offers interesting flavors.
This is a Meiji probiotic flavored ice cream. It was good. And I love the Costco vibe we get here!
I am sad to leave Thailand, but I am looking forward to some Costco Samples in the near future!
Sunday morning church in Rayong! We will miss this little branch!
Hugs with Aujima before we leave!
On the drive home, we chatted with Kevin. Technology is amazing!!!
Elder Brady is so happy because ...
He can find his beloved BYU games on YouTube! He has to wait 12 hours or so, but it is worth the wait. Now that he can watch his games, I think it is safe to say we survive the next 10 weeks and 3 days. It was touch and go (or should I say touchdown and go) for a while there!
Monday, we had lunch with Sisters Brooks, Plueangperamkit, and our friend Miiky! We met them at Terminal 21 Mall Pepper Lunch! It was so fun visiting with the Sisters!
Miiki did a quick facetime hello to Sister Taylor during lunch!! We love and miss funny Malea!
I love the themed floors at Terminal 21!
Hello!
We had to stop and get some ice cream after lunch at the DQ!
Yum!
Artsy photo of our fingers and toes!
Tuesday, we drove across town to spend the morning cleaning a condo that Elder Brady was in charge of closing. We drove back and forth twice because we forgot the condo keys and then after driving all the way back, accidentally brought the wrong keys. Closing a condo is stressful enough!! And the Srinakarin Elders, who offered to do a service and help us with the cleaning and packing, had arrived early and on time! They taught us a lesson in kindness, humility, and patience as they told us not to worry and used the time to do their personal and companionship gospel study. And Elder Lowry had the brilliant idea to call a grab motorcycle to pick up the keys at the temple and drive them to us so we wouldn't have to drive back a third time!
But with the help of 5 missionaries we got everything done in less than an hour and a half!
We could NOT have done it without them!
Before and after of the silverware drawer.
I wish I had taken a before picture of the inside of the fridge where 2 watermelons had caved in on themselves! We got everything tossed and the fridge was sparkling when we left.
A great big thank you to Elders Lowry, Hansen, Dollar, Collado, and Htoo!!!!!
A very happy Elder and Sister Brady!
Wednesday morning at the annex, Elder Htoo and Collado stop by. The temple is closed for the annual deep clean. The outside of the temple gets spruced up too! Plants have been pulled and new ones will be planted soon!
Wednesday evening walk home from a follow up at the dentist.
Wednesday popcorn! I figured out a way to pop popcorn in my microwave! I use two glass loaf pans and the batch turned out great! Except, I got a steam burn on my finger! That hurt!!!
Thursday morning house inspection in Samut Prakan! I love the view from the Sister's window!
Sisters Moss and Malquist laugh when Elder Brady asks them where they keep their space heater! It's a question on the form (which is used worldwide) and Elder Brady always has fun asking new missionaries! The only space heater in Thailand is located up in the sky!!! It is yellow and HOT!
These Sisters did an A++ job!!
Talking to Kevin on the train ride home!
Elder Brady listens to an audio book and I read my kindle on the train ride! It's a long train ride!
Friday morning, I spy the sisters! We have to wait in the lobby for the missionaries to come down and let us in! Most condos are very secure and key cards are needed to get in and use the elevators!
Sisters Furlan and Brown also get an A++! We love our Bangkok Sisters!
While we were doing the inspection, we kept hearing some cooing! The Sisters said they had a very irritating bird on their balcony that sits on their air conditioning unit and coos everyday! I wanted to get a picture of it sitting, but captured the bird just as it flew away!
The Sisters have a chart that marks the days without tears! They added me and Elder Brady to it! Haha!
It's the rainy season!!!! We drove the sisters to lunch and the side streets were flooded!
We were on the Ramkhamhaeng side of town, so we had to get some Burgers and Fries at OMNI 60s!
Elder Brady kindly dropped us off and went to park the car in the rainy mud puddle!
Elder Brady expertly navigated the water and kept his sneakers fairly dry!
I definitely planned to get the Nutella Vinilla!!!! In fact, we all did!
Lunch is served!!! Elder Brady and I shared the burger and tots!
My Nutella Vinilla finally arrived!!! We did not share Milkshakes!!!
The rain continued to pour down. This poor lady's motorcycle kept puttering out in the deep waters.
Cars navigating the flooded road.
The Sisters sent us pictures of them walking to an appointment after we got back to the temple annex.
The said they had a blast! They were soaked, but it is like taking a warm shower, fully clothed, outside!
I love seeing the dark, rainy skies!! It makes me think of home!
Thank you for following our adventure in Thailand!
See you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment