Thursday, September 17, 2026

Letter 88 - Well Check Week and MORE!!

Dear friends and family,

This week has been a full one, but what else is new? We wrapped up our time with RMRT, had 5 more blessings to give, made cookies and banana bread, had my well-check, went out to pizza, went out to lunch with the office ladies, and did a house inspection! And it is only Thursday! 

This weekend is going to be busy, so I am actually trying to get the blog post out a day early! TODAY! Let's see if I can actually do it!! 

On we go to the pictures!

But first, we love you, miss you, and thank you for all of your love, support, prayers, and kind words!

Love, 

Elder and Sister Brady (mom and dad, grandma and grandpa, John and Shelly, and so on)

Last Saturday was the final day of the RMRT. We enjoyed a morning at the temple, a testimony meeting, and another delicious lunch. And then we said our goodbyes to the RMs. 
These beauties are from Pakistan! 
And look at this!!! We got mail today! These cute notes were sent to us from the YW and leaders from the Gresham Stake in Oregon. They wrote us sweet notes that included favorite scriptures and quotes. Mail from friends who love us really make our day! 
More of the notes! "God is with you!" It is wonderful to be so loved and encouraged! 
Saturday night - date night! Out to pizza with John. I have really grown to love the Pizza Company here in Thailand! It is a little taste of home! We had a great week with lots of yummy Thai food, so pizza was a nice change of pace! 
Sunday after church, Elder Brady gave a patriarchal blessing to Dwe from Myanmar. He was such a nice young man who joined the church 2 years ago. He said that he moved to Thailand and was hoping for a better life here. He said when he first got here that life was still hard and confusing. During a difficult time one day, he felt a strong feeling that Jesus Christ could help him. He did not know who Jesus was, so he went online to find out. He came across one of the Facebook posts from our missionaries. From there, he reached out to the missionaries and learned more about Christianity. He is so happy for the many blessings in his life now. 
Elder and Sister Merkley, who will be officially moving here in October, stopped by Sunday evening for a visit. Since they had to leave for Hong Kong in the morning, Sister Merkley passed these beautiful roses on to me. She received them Saturday evening at a conference she and her husband were leading, and she wanted to make sure they were enjoyed! They are definitely being enjoyed! I love fresh flowers!
Sunday afternoon baking! These chocolate chip cookies are GOOD, if I do say so! 
Monday morning on my "nature" walk, I spied this giant fellow. 
I also spied this cute little guy! 
Monday afternoon, we had a blessing for Elder Kumar from India who is in the MTC here. He was such a nice young man who is so excited to be a missionary. 
After the blessing, we went back down to the office, just in time to see these beautiful Sisters who had just gotten back from immigration! This is Sister Jasper, Sister Schaad, me, Sister Brown, and Sister Furlan! We love these Sisters! 
We needed Elder Brady in the picture too! 
Tuesday morning was well-check day! This is the annual physical package that the hospital offers here in Thailand. It is crazy amazing and efficient. You arrive and they have you change into this fancy little outfit, complete with slippers to walk around in! 
They take your vitals, do your bloodwork, do ultrasounds of your abdomen (lower and upper) and chest, mammogram, EKG, chest X-ray, they give you a thorough eye exam, female exam, stress tests for the males, and on and on! It can take from 4 - 6 hours! 
Elder Brady had some follow up appointments from his hospital stay back in April so we got to hang out for a bit together! This lovely scarf is a gift and also keeps you warm in the COLD air conditioned hospital. 
The Scarf! 
After all of your tests are done, you get sent to the buffet to eat! Remember, you have to fast for the blood tests, etc. so it is really nice that they feed you!!! It is part of the package!
I was working on my second round of food, when my buzzer went off. You carry around a buzzer that goes off when it is your turn for the next procedure, etc. It was time for my visit with the doctor who had all of the results! The doctor goes over the results and gives you a quick exam to check your ear, nose, throat, and breathing, etc. I am happy to announce that I am a healthy old woman!! They plug in all of your numbers and give you your biological age. Even though I just turned 64 in August, according to my test results, I am actually as healthy as a 65 year and 4 month old woman!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I was hoping that I would be like 50 or even 55 - but I am older than I actually am (health wise). Ugh! This really amused Elder Brady! Double Ugh!!! Haha! 
Tuesday afternoon, we had the opportunity to meet Elder Kumar's brother, Elder Kumar!! He was also a wonderful young man! These two brothers are in the MTC together and will soon be heading back to India for their missionary service!
Wednesday morning stair climb. I am sad to say, my little friend did not make it out of the stair well, or even off of that stair. RIP giant Thai cockroach. 
This is Brother Hanna! He was blessed Wednesday morning. He shared such a fascinating story with us on how he ended up living in Thailand and how he found the church. He has had many tender mercies in his life that led him to where he is today. We hope to meet his wife and children someday soon. 
This is Sandy from India. Her name showed up on our online blessing list Wednesday morning, so we added her to our schedule and we are so glad that we did! She shared her amazing story with us and we spent about 45 minutes crying with her as she told us of the many hard things and wonderful things that have happened in her life. She truly has so much faith and it was a miracle that things came together for her to be in Bangkok and for her to receive her blessing this day. We felt very blessed to have met Sister Sandy and Brother Hanna on Wednesday.  
Wednesday afternoon, it was time for our monthly Office Ladies Lunch!! This is the yummy Santa Fe Salad at Sun Taco at Terminal 21 Mall! It was DELICIOUS!! 
I had never been to Sun Taco. I had heard that it was good and authentic Mexican food. The West Mission Sisters recommended it and it did not disappoint! And I saw they have an all you can eat special on Taco Tuesdays and Taco Fridays, so I definitely have to go back with John!! Oh, and I saw that they have pie on their menu!!!! Apple pie, Pumpkin pie, Key Lime pie, and Mango Pie??!!!!! So . . . we will be going back there for sure! I have not had a pumpkin pie in nearly 2 years!!! I am ready. 
This display case was begging for a picture. 
On our way out of Terminal 21, we ran into this group of women who came up to us saying, "Sisters!!" These cute ladies are from the Philippines on a girls retreat! They serve together in the church in the Philippines and are having fun together in Thailand! I told them I needed a picture for the blog!!! 
So here we all are!! 
Wednesday evening, we headed to the MTC (on the 3rd floor) to give Elders Kumar and Kumar the printed copies of their patriarchal blessings! These brothers will be fine missionaries! 
Sandy and her friend and me!
I came downstairs to give Sandy the printed copy of her blessing and to give her another hug! 
We will never forget her! Oh, I forgot to mention she serves as a Stake RS President in India. 
I had some bananas that needed to be used, so I made banana bread (with chocolate chips and coconut, of course!)!!!
I think it turned out pretty good despite some modifications. I did a copycat version of 7 Brothers Banana Bread, but I was missing a couple of ingredients, so I did my best with what I had. 
Thursday, we headed over to Bangkapi to do a house inspection with Sisters Plueangpreamkit and Brooks. They did a great job on their cleaning! 
Sadly, they had forgotten they had a meeting over zoom that they had to be at. We had other appointments, so we could not wait, which means we did not get to have lunch and visit with them. We are hoping they will come to the annex on their Pday so we can take them to lunch! Even though we were sad, we all smiled for a picture (even Sisters Makilan and Prasitchai on zoom)! 
Elder Brady and I headed to the giant Mall next door to see if we could find some lunch to eat. 
All by ourselves. Don't let our smiles fool you! We wished the Sisters were with us! 
Even though I ate at Sun Taco the day before, we ended up here again! This time I tried the special. It was a delicious chicken burrito with rice and beans and a soda for 199 Baht. That is $6 USD. It is more than we normally spend, but it was yummy!! And worth it! And probably cheaper than back home. 
After lunch, we caught a grab to our next stop. Elder Brady has to close an apartment that has some damage from rain. We spent a little time there and then headed back to the office! 
To work on the blog!! 
And to try and get it finished before 5pm!!
I am almost done!!! 
Elder Brady just said, "Hey! It's 5:15pm!!"

I guess that means it is time to go!! 
It is still Thursday evening and I think I am actually going to send this out a day early!

Here is what the next week is going to hold (spoiler alert):

Tomorrow we are going to a house inspection with the APs and our Office Elder EARLY, followed by breakfast at McDonalds. Then we will head back to the office for a bit. Tomorrow afternoon we will go to the temple with Aujima (who is from Rayong and will soon be going on a mission in the Thailand Bangkok West Mission). Then we will head to Rayong. We have house inspections and church down in Rayong, then another busy week ahead with house inspections, lunches, and who knows what else! 

Thanks for reading!! 

And for those who answered last week's blogs question:
The answer was indeed 119

Bye for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter 88 - Well Check Week and MORE!!

Dear friends and family, This week has been a full one, but what else is new? We wrapped up our time with RMRT, had 5 more blessings to give...