Dear Loved Ones,
The Office! Zone Conference! Vertigo! And that about sums up this week!
We only have 3 months and 3 days left to serve, less than 100 days now! I'm crying.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, we spent most of our week in the office, so there are not that many pictures this week!!!
Enough words and on to the pictures!
But first, we love and miss you, and we thank you for your kind thoughts, prayers, messages and support!
Love, Elder and Sister Brady (mom and dad, grandma and grandpa, John and Shelly, and so on)
Saturday morning, I woke up tired! I woke up in the middle of the night and could not fall back asleep! Neither of us slept well :(.
John had a follow up appointment on Saturday from his dental work the week before. I took a walk around the klong to meet him for the walk home. Several bicyclists rode by me! I prefer that to the motorcycles on the pedestrian only walkway! Haha!
After that, I headed over to the store to buy us some new toothbrushes! Aren't you glad I took this picture? Haha! I took it so I could text it to John and ask him if this toothbrush would work for him.
In case you are wondering, he said yes.
Then I went searching for some soft foods for John to eat. Yogurt, eggs, and pasta. I was pleased to find spaghetti and macaroni noodles on aisle number 7. It was in the Mestern Pasta Section! :)!!
Did we mention that the new Elder Myers looks like Kevin's son, Dawson? Here he is with Elder Westcott and a Tuk Tuk driver!
Sunday we went to church. I love how diverse and wonderful our ward here is in Thailand! We have members, friends, and visitors from all over the world and from all walks of life gather together to worship Jesus Christ! All are welcome! After church, we had a patriarchal blessing. This is Edouard. His mother is from Vietnam and his father is from France. He is living in Thailand. He was such a nice young man and it was a pleasure to be a part of his special day!
Sister Gemma took a picture of us (her, me, and the Calls) the week before and sent it to me Sunday afternoon! I love the filters she uses! We all look so young! Haha!
Monday - I didn't take any pictures at all!! We spent the whole day in the office!!! So I will post this fun picture that Katrina sent from Beijing! She found this box of yumminess at Sam's club!
Who wants to taste "Peanut Butter Pork Floss Biscuits?!?!" I can't wait to visit them in China!
This is an actual picture of me on Monday night! I had a BPPV episode and got vertigo! We did the Epley Maneuver (you can google it) and it helped, but I have felt slight off all week. I had to do it again on Thursday night and that helped, but I am still off. The first time I had BPPV, I was in bed for a week. The 2nd time, 2 days. Those episodes happened during Covid. The 3rd time was on the mission and it put me down for about a day. This time it happened Monday in the evening, and I have functioned all week . . . but I still feel slightly off (writing this addendum on Friday evening). Hopefully next week's blog, I will be back to 100%!!
Katrina thought this was funny and shared it with us! And I don't know if there is a toy house there!
Tuesday - I also didn't take any pictures! What is going on?? So I will post these screenshots from the fun video that the Elders sent us! Guess what crawled in the back door of their house????!!!!!
Yes, that is a very large SCORPION!!!
Elder Brady is over housing, so they sent us the video to ask us what they should do. We told them to burn the house down. Haha!!! Just kidding!!! We did NOT say that!!
Elder Brady sent the video to the landlord.
Wednesday - I also did not take a picture, so here is a picture I borrowed from Thursday.
We had a bit of a rain storm!
Fortunately, I was doing my evening walk in the parking lot below, which is covered, so I stayed dry!
Thursday, it was egg cracking time! It's great having a child in the same time zone! I talked to Katrina for 45 minutes while I cracked and cleaned the eggs! Eggs all ready for John to scramble for Zone Conference Breakfast Friday morning!
Eggs cracked, cleaned, and ready for the pancake batter!
Friday morning, I got up early and loaded up the cart to take all of the food downstairs to get breakfast set up! Elder Brady was upstairs cooking scrambled eggs, and the Calls were in the kitchen making the pancakes!
The Zone Leaders, Elders Knapp and Schaffner! The Zone Leaders walked a couple of blocks with me to pick up the Moo Bing for Breakfast! It was too heavy for one old lady (me) to handle by herself!
Fun fact: Elder Knapp is from John's sister's ward back home (Diane Turner's ward) in Utah!
On the way back we had to maneuver through heavy traffic and motorcycles driving every which way. Elder Knapp was a little surprised at how crazy this busy road with no sidewalk is! He was also surprised at how I just marched down the road with no fear! He said, "Sister Brady, I can tell you have been here in Bangkok a while!"
Time to dish up! We had so much food! The Zone Leaders usually make their requests for what the Seniors will prepare and serve at Breakfast. Elders Schaffner and Knapp wanted Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, Fruit, Yogurt, and all of the toppings, along with milk, chocolate milk, and a variety of juice. Sister Call suggested Moo Bing instead of Bacon and they jumped at that. (Bacon take us 6 hours to bake ahead of time as many pieces as they want and Moo Bing is easier to just order and pick up). We asked if 2 pieces of Moo Bing (Pork on a stick) was enough. And they said, "could we have more?" I said, "how about 3 pieces?" Elder Schaffner responded, "could we have more than that?" I responded, "You sound hungry, Elder!! How many would you like??" We finally told them they could have 3 each and more than that if others didn't want their 3. They could also have unlimited pancakes! Haha! There was a lot of food! But most of it did get eaten! :) Pictured above from the left - clockwise: Sister Malquist, Elder Hiltscher, Elder Pykles, Elder Tupou, Elder DeLange, Sister Moss, and Elder Knapp.
Elder Brady and AP, Elder Hansen.
After breakfast, we headed back down to the office to get more work done!
Lunch time!! Taco Bell!!! And I have to say! It was delicious! Bangkok Sisters: Sister Kanyaphan, Sisters, Furlan, Sister Plueangperamkit, Elder Brady, me, Sisters Malquist, Brown, and Moss!
One word: Yum!!!
We got down to the courtyard too late to join in on the zone picture,
but we took a fun one with the Sisters!
Sisters Brooks, Brown, Me, and Furlan!
Here are all of the Sisters!
Brooks, Brown, Furlan, Kanyaphan, Plueangperamkit, me, Malquist, Call, and Moss!
Wow!! Hard to believe you are nearing the end of your incredible mission!! Proud of you two!!! Thank you for your example!!! 🥰
ReplyDelete